Few days ago I took part in a demonstration in front of the Russian embassy in Warsaw. Several hundred people gathered in front of the building. I saw demonstrators with Polish, Ukrainian and even Russian flags. Many people were holding banners with anti-war inscriptions. For example: "Stop Russian Aggression".  When I came back home in the evening I watched the news on TV. I saw that there were also some protests against the war in Russia. However, many participants, including old ladies, were arrested. I learned that there are twenty years of imprisonment for protesting against the war.

I realized that in Poland you can at least participate in demonstrations and express your opinion. It is important that we have the right to do so.

Komentarze

  1. And it hasn't always been like that ... We are where we are as a society because some people fought against the authoritarian rule of pro-Soviet governments. So I'm glad you appreciate your right to demonstrate freely!

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Billy Milligan- The most severe case of DID

"Five ways the pandemic surge in hand sanitisers may not be great news in the long term"

An incident in the bus