The accident at the bus stop

 I was on my way from school last Friday. When I was getting off the bus, I saw that a boy at my age, fell near the bus stop. I noticed crutches next to him.  He could not get up. Many people gathered around him, especially the elderly. They discussed about his unhappiness and accident. However, they all just stood there and didn't even help him to get up. I reached the boy and gave him my hand so he could get up. I gave him his crutches and collected his stuff that had fallen apart around him. I put them in his backpack and said goodbye.

I can't understand why those people were just talking instead of helping. They had been there before me, and they could help. Probably they were afraid of offending him. It's hard to help in a natural way. I hope the boy safely reached his destination.

Komentarze

  1. No empathy in people and no natural reflexes to help. Hope it's not as common as you suggest.

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Billy Milligan- The most severe case of DID

"Five ways the pandemic surge in hand sanitisers may not be great news in the long term"

An incident in the bus