Weekend time

On Friday morning a boy from my old elementary school texted me. He started persuading me to meet him and other people in the evening. Honestly, I didn't want to meet them, I said that I would rather not be able to do it, that I had other activities for the evening, that I was tired and that I had an appointment at the hairdresser. Despite that, a few hours later they started calling me and saying that they had heard from that boy that I would meet them. When I strongly refused and said that I had an appointment at the hairdresser in 30 minutes, the boy who wrote to me at the beginning started asking where I was going to the hairdresser because he wanted to pick me up. I finally stopped replying to their messages and did not answer their calls.

I wonder why people don't understand simple messages and sometimes they ignore my opinions. I don't feel comfortable when I have to refuse them and to say 'no'. I try to develop my own assertiveness. I'm quite busy at school. I work hard and I don't have much free time. I prefer spending my weekend evening with people, who are important for me and they deserve my respect and attention.


 

Komentarze

  1. I looks like you have a difficult relationship with your primary school mates. Don't they "deserve your respect and attention"?

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Prześlij komentarz

Popularne posty z tego bloga

Billy Milligan- The most severe case of DID

"Five ways the pandemic surge in hand sanitisers may not be great news in the long term"

An incident in the bus